Page updated on Wednesday 17th June 2020. We are trying to keep this as accurate as possible but some of this information changes daily/hourly. Please call businesses to check before travelling.
In these uncertain times, our beloved food and drink industry is being hit hard and many of our local businesses are working hard to still make their tasty produce still available. Below are some of the many places offering amazing local produce.
NB. We have tried to focus this list on independent, Dorset based businesses.
Vegetable Deliveries & Healthfood shops
- TD Fruits in Southbourne offer free delivery within 3 miles (very busy with orders currently).
- Naturalife health food shop are offering a free delivery within 5 miles..
- Faast Fruit & Veg are now supplying boxes for home delivery.
- Gold Hill Organic Farm – They have limited spaces for veg box deliveries (prioritising elderly/vulnerable) and their farm shop is open.
- Crab Apple Catering are offering fruit and veg boxes for home deliver – email julia@crabapplecatering to order.
- Ninas Greengrocer in Bridport are still open Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat (8am to 3pm) for a wide range of fruit and vegetables.
- Roebridge Natural Foods in Winton are offering large and small veg boxes for local delivery. See their facebook page for how to order.
- BP Mobile Market – offering fresh veg boxes for home delivery as well as some dried foods (including flour).
- The Health Hub in Bournemouth are delivering fruit and veg boxes to homes.
- Chideock Champignons have fresh mushrooms for sale and are offering local delivery. Call 07453263824 to order.
- The Wasabi Company are selling fresh watercress as well as their range of wasabi products direct from their website for home delivery. They are also donating 20% of their online sales to Hospitality Action in April. You can read our review of their fresh wasabi here.
- Sunrise Organics in Bournemouth are still open for both fresh and dried, plant based produce.
- Sozages are selling their tasty handmade sausages in some amazing flavours direct from their website. You can also buy some cuts of meat, dried goods and fresh fruit and veg, all delivered to your door. Use code 30plus for 10% off orders over £30. You can read our review here.
- Neals Butchers (Christchurch) are offering home deliveries for anyone who is self-isolating. They are very busy with orders, please call the shop only (no online orders).
- Pamphill Butchery now offer deliveries for all butcher and farm shop items.
- J. Mato & Sons Butchers in Blandford are offering delivery to their local area.
- Rawston Farm Butchery are offering their meat as well as range of home cooked meals for delivery and click & collect.
- Prime Cuts Meat in Gillingham are offering home delivery.
- You can buy all of Buffalicous stock direct with delivery via courier – including milk, ice cream, mozzarella, buffalo meat, burgers, plus jams, condiments and spice packs.
- Gourmet Goat Company near Corfe Castle are continuing to supply their goat meat as well as fresh veg and basics like milk, bread etc. They are delivering as far as Poole and you can order via the Gourmet Goat Company facebook page.
- Websters Butchers in Bournemouth are offering home deliveries (min spend £20). Call 01202 548315 or email email@example.com to order.
- Armstrong Butchers in Winton are open for collections (already full for deliveries). Call 01202 518505 to order. Contactless Payment on collection.
- Sams Pigs are offering gluten free sausages for home delivery. Call 07769 187456 for more information.
- The Dorset Meat Co are offering home delivery on their grass fed, free range meat boxes. You can create your own or choose from one of their set boxes.
- The Story Pig in Sherborne are selling all their meat (all cuts of pork and sausage meat) plus an essentials box for home delivery. You can order on their website.
- Just Meat Butchers Market in Poole are open with 20% off on Wednesdays. They also offer home delivery and discounts for over 65 and NHS (we think).
- Framptons Butchers in Bridport are offering home delivery on meat, veg, savoury bakes and condiments.
- Downhouse Farm near Bridport are selling their local, organic meat and homemade pies via their website for home delivery.
- Peter Treble Butchers in Westbourne have online ordering and are offering home delivery (free over £30).
- Keating’s Butchers in Wimborne are open and offering home deliveries on orders over £20. Details of what they have and how to order on their website.
- You can buy delicious Dorset cured meats from The Real Cure via their website. All for home delivery. Use code DORSET2020 for free delivery.
- Capreolus Fine Foods have some delicious charcuterie for sale via their website. They will courier your order to you and have a 15% discount with code ‘Red-Cross-Parcel’ at checkout. You can read our review here.
- Grazing Blue are selling grazing boxes full of local cheeses, charcuterie, fruit and veg and biscuits for home delivery. They are also doing breakfast/brunch boxes complete with pastries and croissants and can make bespoke options. See their website for more details.
- Neat Platter are selling cheese and charcuterie boxes with fresh fruit and veg and biscuits. See their instagram for options and to order. They also have vegan options.
- Dorset Shellfish are offering some limited home delivery options.
- Samways Fish are offering fresh lobster deliveries for Mother’s Day.
- You can buy Dorset farmed Arctic Char and Trout from Houghton Springs Farm.
- BH Fish have bought together many of the fishermen who work from Poole Harbour to bring local fish to homes. Order via their website for home delivery. All fish is sustainable fished in Poole Harbour or Poole Bay (including fresh lobsters and crabs).
- West Country Catch have a home delivery service on their locally caught fish – order via their website.
- Weyfish in Weymouth is open 7 days a week for locally caught fish. They also have a ‘seafood shack’ in Dorchester open Monday, Wednesday and Friday and are running home deliveries on Mondays and Fridays.
- Chesil Smokery has a wide range of smoked fish items for sale via their website.
Dairy (including cheese producers)
- Meggy Moos Dairy – have milk vending machines and milk to pre-order for collection at their Farm Shop. Bear with them as they battle to keep up with demand.
- Hangers Dairy offer doorstep milk deliveries on all weekdays in Bridport
- Dorset Blue Vinny can be ordered via their website for home delivery. You can read our review here.
- You can buy Allen Valley Milk from Pamphill Farm Shop, The Allendale Centre in Wimborne and Damory Vets in Blandford. Buy the milk direct from vending machines – just bring bottles.
- Holy Cow Organic have vending machine at John Bright Country Stores in Salway Ash. You can get a range of organic dairy products.
- Fords Farm Cheese are all available via their website for home delivery.
- Craig’s Farm Dairy are delivering their milk, cheese, eggs and fresh produce to homes. Keep an eye on their facebook page for more details.
- Dorset Dairy Co are keeping their milk vending machines fully stocked (Harts of Stur in Sturminster Newton, The Hub in Stalbridge and The Crown at Marnhill).
- Eweleaze Organic Dairy now have a milk vending machine in Martinstown near Dorchester. See their facebook page for details.
- The Milk Cart in Poole are collecting Dorset dairy produce together deliver to addresses in Poole throughout the week – this include Dorset Dairy Co, Allen Farm Dairy, Book and Bucket Cheese and Fluffetts Eggs.
- Hollis Mead Organic Dairy have milk vending machines across West Dorset with more added all the time.
Farm Shops & Zero Waste Shops
- Cherry Picked Hampers offer gift hampers as well as essentials and basics, full of Dorset produce, all for home delivery.
- Dike & Sons in North Dorset have a whole host of local produce available and are offering free delivery with the code FREEDEL1851. They are also offering a click and collect service where they will deliver your items out to your car.
- As part of #sherborneindies The Pear Tree Deli are offering deliveries of locally sourced basics.
- Roberts Food Service offer a wide range of local produce (from dry to fresh) which can be delivered to your home.
- Hungry Bird in Wimborne are now offering local delivery.
- Jurassic Coast Farm Shop are offering a home delivery service for all their tasty local food products (new products added daily). Use Code NEWCUSTOMER10 for £10 off your first online delivery. Free delivery for orders over £45 (available for nationwide delivery).
- Hawtree & Sons Riverside Garage are offering deliveries to their local area in North Dorset for local produce.
- County Foods are now offering free delivery for orders over £30 to all addresses in Dorset.
- Parlourmentary in Southbourne are offering a range of local produce like milk, cheese, flour, preserves, coffee and veg but you need to go to the store only (served via a hatch).
- Home Farm Shop in Blandford are offering home delivery for their produce.
- The White Horse Inn in Stourpaine near Blandford, still have their village shop and post office open to provide ready cooked, homemade meals as well a provisions, basics and produce. One in one out at the shop and they are also offering local home delivery.
- The Salt Pig in Wareham and Swanage are offering a small menu plus supplies and basics from their restaurant. They are also offering local delivery.
- Ducks Farm Shop in Portesham are open with a wide range of local produce available. Home delivery is also available.
- Almond & Co are open for collection and home delivery – you can buy any of the sustainable food and cleaning products listed on their website. Please call 01202 280303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
- Washingpool Farm Shop in Bridport – They are open and are offering click & collect/home delivery but they are quite overwhelmed with orders. If you can, please visit the shop to save the delivery spots for those that need them.
- Holebrooks Fine Foods in Sturminster Newton are open. They also have a call & collect service as well as some home deliveries on their range of local meats and deli items.
- Holme for Gardens in Wareham are open with a range of fruit, veg, bread, milk, cakes and dry goods. They also have a delivery option.
- Food on the Loose are still open and have a range of local produce and dried goods for sale. Collection from shop only (may be able to deliver to elderly or vulnerable.
- Steepton Bill Farm shop in Milton Abbas are open and have a wide range of local produce, meat, bread, milk, eggs, fruit and veg. Collection from shop only. Check facebook page for opening hours.
- Gullivers Farm Shop in Ferndown are offering boxes of dried goods and fruit, veg and essentials boxes for local home delivery. Call 01202 619819 to order.
- Farehouse Trading Co in Wimborne have a large online store sourcing ethical and small batch food and drink busiensses. They also now have a Dorset box full of only Dorset based produce. Use code FTCFREE for free delivery an 10% off your first order.
- Casa Carlos in Southbourne have turned their restaurant into a fresh fruit and veg shop and also sell their homemade bread, olives, wines and beers and fresh herbs.
- Cariad Wholefoods in Blandford are plant based and have stocks of local produce including bread, dried goods, flour, egg replacers, nuts, seeds and dairy free milks.
- Two Rivers Refill in Christchurch is open for home deliveries on all their dried foods.
- Dorset Hampers are offering hampers full of Dorset produce direct from their website.
- Maiden Newton & Cattistock Farm Shops in Dorchester are both open for collection and home delivery. They have stocks of lots of local produce including gluten free items, local beers and ciders, bread, ice cream, fruit and veg, dairy, eggs, coffee & tea and dried goods.
- Udder Farm Shop in East Stour are open for socially distanced shopping 7 days a week.
- Cakey Love – bakes and afternoon tea available for delivery.
- You can order bakes from Bayside Bakery for nationwide delivery.
- Cakes by Sadie Smith have a range of bakes available for collection.
- Pandora’s Bakery in Ferndown are offering deliveries to those who need to isolate.
- The Bakeout in Sherborne are now offering deliveries.
- BakeryBoxx are offering deliveries of handmade sweet bakes.
- Haymans Bakery in Swanage are still open for all their baked goods and takeaway meals.
- Bakehouse24 are still open and are now offering home delivery. Check their social media for menu and how to order.
- All Patrisserie Mark Bennett shops are open for takeaways on bread and cake. One in one out policy. They have now started a delivery service, 3 mile radius from each of their shops. Min order £10.
- M’s Bakery in Bournemouth are offering a click and collect service from Monday 23rd April. Order via their website.
- Steve James (private caterer) is offering a range of baked items for home delivery. Visit his facebook page to view the list and to order.
- Sweet Fox Cakery are offering vegan bakes made to order and available for delivery.
- Sukha Lounge in Bournemouth are offering raw vegan cakes for delivery (can be frozen).
- Dorset Donut Co are offering home delivery for their gluten free and vegan baked donuts. Order via their website.
- Oxfords Bakery are offering delivery of some basics like bread, milk, eggs, butter, cheese… and doughnuts! Min order £12. Just call 01202 701700.
- Olivers Coffee House in Sherborne are offering some items available for delivery, including handmade cakes and coffee.
- Message Muffins are open for muffins, cookies and brownie gifts complete with personalised messages. They can also accommodate dietary requirements. Order via their website for home delivery.
- Ronas Delights – Gourmet brownies in many flavours and Middle Eastern sweet bakes. Made to order and home delivery or click and collect via their website.
- Small Block Doughnuts are offering handmade filled doughnuts for delivery. DM them via instagram to order.
Sweets & Chocolate
- Solkiki Vegan Chocolate is handmade in Dorset and available to be sent by post.
- Truly Scrumptious in Poole are offering free sweets delivery to those local to Poole (including handmade fudge, nougat, chocolate etc). Call 01202 674117 to order (min £10 for free delivery). You can also order via their website for delivery further afield.
- Proper by SCT in Wimborne are selling their pork crackling, fudge and nuts on their website for home delivery. Use code APRIL15 for 15% off.
- Chococo Chocolates in Swanage are available for sale via their website.
- Flo & Frankies Fudge are selling their fudge and boxes of sweets for home delivery. Keep an eye on their facebook page for details.
- Fudge & Candy Shack in Wimborne are offering home delivery of their wide range of sweets, chocolate and fudge.
- Berry Sweet by Becky are selling chocolate covered strawberries. They can have added decorations or letters for a bespoke box. For options and to order, see their instagram page.
- You can buy spice packs online from Hari Hari to make excellent curries in your own kitchen.
- Dorset Salt Co is available to buy direct from their website
Condiment, Jams, Chutneys, Chilli Sauce and Honey
- You can purchase all the From Dorset With Love jam and condiment amazingness via their website. Use code MARCH2020 for 20% off. Read our review here.
- You can buy all of Ajar Of’s wide range of jams, marmalades and chutneys online via their website. You can also find pasta sauces. Use code SAUCY15 for 15% off online orders.
- Dorset Made Food in Southbourne is selling her jams, pickles and honey, as well as fresh eggs. You can order via their facebook page.
- Cherry Tree Preserves have a range of their chutneys and jams to order. 10% discount for first orders with code WELCOME.
- Weymouth 51 are offering home delivery on all their chilli sauces. They also have a buy 2 get 1 free offer for April orders.
- Dorset Chilli Shop have their entire range for sale via their website.
- Jurassic Cottage Foods have a wide range of traditional jams and chutneys.
- Purbeck Ice Creams are available family sized tubs in many of Dorset’s farm shops. You can read our review here.
- Giggi Gelateria are home deliveries on pastries, Italian sweet bakes, prosecco and ice cream! You can read our review here.
- Baboo Gelato is available for home delivery to D6, D7 and D8 Postcodes.
- The Ice Chef in Charminster are available for home delivery Deliveroo for ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, smoothies, coffees, pancakes and cheesecakes. They also have extensive vegan options.
Individual food products
- Dorset Snails are available to purchase via their website for home delivery. You can use code ‘dorset20’ for 20% off your order. You can read our review here.
- Totally Wonderfuel are offering natural and nutritious energy snacks and breakfasts for home delivery.
- Great British Biscotti now have an online shop to buy all their biscotti for home delivery.
- You can buy Mr Lees Noodles direct from their website for home delivery. For every pot (or box of pots) they will donate money to the NHS.
- Primrose Kitchen cereals are all available via their website for home delivery.
- Olivero Olive Oil can be purchased for home delivery via their instagram page.
- Swanage Indies Delivery Service is a collaboration with Swanage Bay Fish, Swanage Dairy, JJ Moores Butchers, Haymans Bakery, Purbeck Deli and Chococo. Call each shop to order and then they will work together to get it to you. Order by Noon for delivery the next day.
- Trulys of Westbourne are collaborating with their suppliers to get in basics like pasta, rice, toilet rolls etc. They also sell a small menu to takeaway and some fresh bread.
- The Simply Group are making comfort meals and treats as well as collaborating with their suppliers to get in the basics and some tasty fresh veg. You can order and collect from BH12 or they can do a local delivery.
- The Dorset Goat Meat Co and the Book & Bucket Cheese Co have teamed up to offer meat (goat, lamb, pork) and local cheese deliveries. Email email@example.com to place an order.
- Olives et al have put together Loaf & Larder to supply people with basics, produce and essentials… plus a few luxuries. Available for local and national delivery.
- Lizzie Baking Bird is collaborating with Book & Bucket Cheese Company, Dorset Shellfish, From Dorset With Love (jams), Graingers (dairy), Howells (butcher) and Sams Pigs (sausages) to put together boxes for delivery. Contact Lizzie directly to order.
- The White Hart Alehouse in Sturminster Newton have launched a grocery service including meat, dairy, fruit and veg and dried staple ingredients. Order via their new online shop for home delivery.
- The Truckle Truck in Shaftesbury has teamed up with High Street Bakery and Green & Grainy to deliver bread, cakes, baking ingredients, different cheeses and GF and Vegan bakes. Check social media for list of what is available and call 07400344330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order (don’t leave a voice message).
- Roots Restaurant have organised fruit & veg boxes with their supplier. £20 per box. They also supply ready meals, milk, flour and gluten free ingredients. Collection only.
- Dorset to Door have collected together some fab Dorset producers and are coordinating deliveries… including fish, butchers, vegetables, bread, flour and cakes.