Smoked Trout Pate
An easy pate with freshly smoked trout. This recipe uses trout smoked using a hot smoker which also cooks the fish. If using supermarket fish, then gently bake in the oven first, until cooked.
- 200g smoked trout
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Crème Fraîche
- Herbs, parsley, dill or chives
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- lemon juice to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- smoked paprika to taste
- Step 1 Put half the fish and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Step 2 Tip – add the Crème Fraîche one tablespoon at a time so it doesn’t become too runny.
- Step 3 Season to taste.
- Step 4 Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining fish, leave to rest for two hours.
- Step 5 Serve on toast with extra smoked hot paprika, with a slice of lemon