Recipe for Smoked Trout Pate
An easy pate with freshly smoked trout. This recipe uses trout smoked using a hot smoker which also cooks the fish. If using supermarket fish, then gently bake in the oven first, until cooked.
For more delicious recipes, do check out our Dorset recipes page.
Smoked Trout Pate
- 200g smoked trout
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Crème Fraîche
- Herbs, parsley, dill or chives
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- lemon juice to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- smoked paprika to taste
- Step 1 Put half the fish and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Step 2 Tip – add the Crème Fraîche one tablespoon at a time so it doesn’t become too runny.
- Step 3 Season to taste.
- Step 4 Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining fish, leave to rest for two hours.
- Step 5 Serve on toast with extra smoked hot paprika, with a slice of lemon