This is so simple to make and turns a pretty basic sausage and beans dinner into something a bit fancier and is a wonderful comfort food. You can make your pastry from scratch but we’ve used pre made pastry here for ease.
Sausage and Baked Bean Pie
- 1 box of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tins of baked beans
- 8 sausages
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to gas 6/200/180 fan.
- Step 2 Slice the skins of the sausages and remove the sausage meat.
- Step 3 Squash the sausage meat evenly into the base of an ovenproof dish or tray (approx 9cm square).
- Step 4 Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Take the dish out of the oven carefully and place on a heat proof mat.
- Step 6 Tip onto the sausage meat all of the beans and spread out evenly.
- Step 7 Place the puff pastry over the top (as soon as the pastry touches the sides of the dish it will ‘melt’ and be hard to move so only press down when it is in the correct position).
- Step 8 Make a small hole in the centre.
- Step 9 Brush with a bit of beaten egg or milk.
- Step 10 Bake for 20-25minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Step 11 Enjoy!