This is a nice and simple risotto dish that can be a main meal or as a starter. You can also substitute these for crayfish tails.
- Olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 150g risotto rice
- 75ml white wine
- 750 vegetable stock
- bunch spring onions thinly sliced
- 150g cooked peeled prawns
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- a squeeze lemon
- ½ bunch basil chopped
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Heat splash olive oil in saucepan fry onion and garlic till translucent. Add rice and continue frying and stirring for 2 minutes. Add wine and stir till absorbed.
- Step 2 Add stock ladle by ladle stirring all the time until stock is absorbed between each spoonful.
- Step 3 Give risotto lots tender loving care by stirring regularly and the creamy starch will come out of each grain. Continue for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Add spring onions, frozen peas and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Add crème fraiche and prawns.
- Step 5 Important you need rice al dente – firm to the bite not soggy so keep tasting until time to take off heat.
- Step 6 Add squeeze lemon and stir through basil. Check seasoning and serve in bowls topped with sprig basil and maybe lemon zest if to your liking!