Recipe for Prawn Risotto
This is a nice and simple risotto dish that can be a main meal or as a starter. You can also substitute these for crayfish tails.
- Olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 150g risotto rice
- 75ml white wine
- 750 vegetable stock
- bunch spring onions thinly sliced
- 150g cooked peeled prawns
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- a squeeze lemon
- ½ bunch basil chopped
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Heat splash olive oil in saucepan fry onion and garlic till translucent. Add rice and continue frying and stirring for 2 minutes. Add wine and stir till absorbed.
- Step 2 Add stock ladle by ladle stirring all the time until stock is absorbed between each spoonful.
- Step 3 Give risotto lots tender loving care by stirring regularly and the creamy starch will come out of each grain. Continue for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Add spring onions, frozen peas and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Add crème fraiche and prawns.
- Step 5 Important you need rice al dente – firm to the bite not soggy so keep tasting until time to take off heat.
- Step 6 Add squeeze lemon and stir through basil. Check seasoning and serve in bowls topped with sprig basil and maybe lemon zest if to your liking!
For more delicious recipes, do check out our Dorset recipes page.