Recipe for Mediterranean Fish Stew
Mediterranean Fish Stew
I think this recipe started out as an Italian fish stew, but after adding chorizo and spicy smoked paprika I thought I had better rename it to Mediterranean fish stew! It is a really flavoursome dish and you can use cod or best is a good fillet of pollack. Serve with boiled potatoes or pasta, garlic bread and a bowl of salad leaves.
- 250g pollack/cod fillet cut into 4
- tin cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli (1/2 if your squeamish!)
- 3 minced garlic gloves
- tablespoon capers
- dozen black olives
- teaspoon smoked paprika
- 50-100g chunks chorizo
- Step 1 Fry onion and garlic until golden brown add chilli for a few seconds
- Step 2 Add rest of ingredients except for fish and parsley and a dash of water
- Step 3 Cook for 10 minutes
- Step 4 Add the parsley and then add the fish and cover until fish is cooked
For more delicious recipes, do check out our Dorset recipes page.