Guest Recipe from Ma Bolton – Gluten Free Wraps.
This little recipe for gluten free wraps is kindly shared by Kate Bolton from Ma Bolton.
This gluten free wraps recipe has been designed to help if you are struggling to get hold of gluten free flours and any precious amount you might have, you will want to go as far as possible. Kate has tried to use ingredients that are hopefully already in your dry store, or are easy to get hold of.
Equipment: non stick frying pan preferably about 8 “ diameter, sieve, good wide spatula, food processor, blender or immersion blender.
Tip: It is really important to leave the wrap till it is dry on top. Try to flip too soon and you might end up with a sticky, broken wrap. Don’t despair if that happens, just plate up and top with fillings to eat with cutlery. They taste divine and as Kate tells her boys, your tummy doesn’t have eyes! 🙂
You can find more delicious recipes on our Dorset Recipes page.
Gluten Free Wraps
- 1x tin chickpeas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 60g cornflour (cornstarch)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2tbls oil
- 60ml of water
- 1 egg.
- Step 1 Add the whole tin of chickpeas and chickpea water to your processor/blender with the stock cube, flours and baking powder.
- Step 2 Blend for about 2 mins. It will not be completely smooth do not worry.
- Step 3 Add the oil and water and blend to mix briefly.
- Step 4 Pour your batter through a sieve and use a spatula to stir around the sieve to assist the mixture through. You should then have a nice smooth batter.
- Step 5 Discard the left over chickpeas pieces left in the sieve.
- Step 6 Add the egg to your sieved batter and whisk briefly to incorporate.
- Step 7 Brush a little oil around your pan and place the pan on heat. Once it is nice and hot, measure out ½ cup of batter (about 100ml) and swirl round the hot pan.
- Step 8 Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 4 minutes on one side.
- Step 9 At 4 mins the wrap should be dry on top, if not leave for a little longer. Carefully ease spatula under wrap (take your time).
- Step 10 Flip and cook on other side for up to 1 minute. Move to a plate and let cool ready for your filling.
- Step 11 Continue with rest of batter if needed. If not store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.