After trying to cut out some of the dairy from my diet, here is my adapted smoked mackerel pate replacing the cream cheese with a little blitzed chick pea.
Dairy Free Smoked Mackerel Pate
- 100g Drained chickpeas (from a tin)
- 110g Smoked mackerel (you can increase or decrease depending on taste)
- Glass of white wine
- Small bunch of parsley
- Whole lemon
- Pinch of flaked dried chilli
- Salt & pepper
- Step 1 Drain the chickpeas, but save the juice.
- Step 2 Blitz the chickpeas until you have smooth paste, you will need to add some of the juice to loosen it.
- Step 3 Add 80g of the smoked mackerel, chilli and a splash of white wine. Biltz again until smooth.
- Step 4 Season with salt & pepper and add the lemon juice a bit at a time, until it’s too you liking.
- Step 5 Add the chopped parsley & remaining mackerel and pulse this into the chickpeas. You can blitz to smooth, but I prefer it a bit chunkier.
- Step 6 Season again to taste, you may need more juice or wine to loosen it.
- Step 7 You can then use this as you would normal mackerel pate, delicious with a piece of toasted bread & butter, oh plus any wine that is left….