Recipe for Dairy Free Smoked Mackerel Pate
After trying to cut out some of the dairy from my diet, here is my adapted smoked mackerel pate replacing the cream cheese with a little blitzed chick pea.
You can find other delicious recipes on our Dorset Recipes page.
Dairy Free Smoked Mackerel Pate
- 100g Drained chickpeas (from a tin)
- 110g Smoked mackerel (you can increase or decrease depending on taste)
- Glass of white wine
- Small bunch of parsley
- Whole lemon
- Pinch of flaked dried chilli
- Salt & pepper
- Step 1 Drain the chickpeas, but save the juice.
- Step 2 Blitz the chickpeas until you have smooth paste, you will need to add some of the juice to loosen it.
- Step 3 Add 80g of the smoked mackerel, chilli and a splash of white wine. Biltz again until smooth.
- Step 4 Season with salt & pepper and add the lemon juice a bit at a time, until it’s too you liking.
- Step 5 Add the chopped parsley & remaining mackerel and pulse this into the chickpeas. You can blitz to smooth, but I prefer it a bit chunkier.
- Step 6 Season again to taste, you may need more juice or wine to loosen it.
- Step 7 You can then use this as you would normal mackerel pate, delicious with a piece of toasted bread & butter, oh plus any wine that is left….