Recipe for Sea Bass with Watercress Sauce
This watercress & greek yoghurt sauce is a fresh flavoured sauce that goes well on summer bass and is equally at home just on salads, especially Worcestershire asparagus.
For more delicious recipes, do check out our Dorset recipes page.
Sea Bass and Watercress Sauce
- 1 bunch of water cress – just use the short stalks
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- Step 1 Gentle fry your bass fillets skin side down in oil (adding butter to finish).
- Step 2 Zap the watercress, yoghurt and honey for about 30 seconds in a blender.
- Step 3 Stir in lemon and capers (save some for garnish)
- Step 4 Season to taste.
- Step 5 To serve – Place the bass fillet in the middle of the plate and a few baby gem leaves, spoon the watercress sauce over the fish and garnish with capers & a sprig of water cress, drizzle over some olive oil and enjoy.