Food Product Review – Liberty Fields Apple Syrup (with recipe)
Liberty Fields have been busy creating apple based products since their Apple Balsamic Vinegar was launched in November 2012. This summer they have added a new product Apple Syrup (Dorset’s answer to maple syrup) to their list, which also includes Apple Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Aperitif and their Porter’s Perfection Vodka. I was thrilled when they sent me a bottle of their new Apple Syrup to sample and come up with a simple recipe to use it in.
The Apple Syrup is pure reduced apple juice, there is no added sugar, and is free from sulphites. It has the consistency of maple syrup, but 100% fresh apple flavour, with a hint of tartness at the end. It is ideal for drizzling over puddings, ice-creams and will be a mixologists dream ingredient. The syrup goes amazingly well with seafood, especially freedived scallops. Serve on a bed of sliced apple & celery and just drizzle over the syrup – a pure delight. For more suggestions, Liberty Fields now have a webpage listing how our wonderful local chefs will be using this delicious new syrup libertyfields.co.uk/apple-syrup-serving-suggestions
Fudge made with Liberty Fields Apple Syrup
A very simple gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened fudge recipe made with Liberty Fields Apple Syrup.
- 100ml Coconut Oil
- 100ml Cacao powder
- 100ml Crunchy peanut butter
- 50ml Liberty Fields Apple Syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Step 1 Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Step 2 In a small pan, combine coconut oil, cacao, peanut butter and apple syrup.
- Step 3 Heat over medium heat and whisk until smooth. It does not need to boil or come to a certain temperature.
- Step 4 As soon as it’s smooth, pour into prepared pan. Place in fridge and let set for ar least 2 hours.
- Step 5 Cut into cubes, then store in fridge or freezer.
- Step 6 Just be careful, they do melt very quickly so always keep them in the fridge.
Liberty Fields features, along with many other local businesses, on our searchable Food and Drink Directory. Find and support your local businesses here.
Many thanks to John & Andrea Aplin for letting me use their orchard for the photos www.chalkstreamflyfishing.co.uk
|Invited by PR company?||No|
|Guest of chef/restaurant/owner?||No|
|Restaurant/outlet knew ahead we were bloggers?||Yes|
|Was the meal complimentary from the restaurant?||No|
|Any complimentary items provided by restaurant/outlet?||Yes|