Farm shops are an amazing way to shop local and they work hard to stock a wide range of local products, from local meat, milk, cheese, bread, cake, fruit, vegetables and eggs to locally produced items like jams, chutneys, sauces, coffee and tea.
Zero Waste shops often also supply a lot of fresh local produce but also allow customers to bring their own containers to fill with dried goods like flour, pasta and pulses, reducing the need for unnecessary single use plastics. They also usually supply eco cleaning products, vegan and sustainable items too.
Local, independent village stores are often the centre of a village community, bringing together a small, curated selection of fresh and dried foods and drinks. Independent village stores are usually owned and run by people that live in the village.
Deli counters are usually a little smaller than farm shops and are often attached to a cafe. They are stuffed full of the more fresh meat and dairy items, as well handmade salads, olives etc. They can also have ranges of local condiments and sauces to compliment their fresh items.
We have also included some home delivery farm shops, some who have been open in Dorset for many years and some who opened during the last 3 months. They all give customers the option to buy on their website for home delivery.
We have listed below as many as we can find to help you find the closest independent food shop to you.
You can also check out our other Directories of Dorset food and drink businesses…
- Dorset’s Drink Producers
- Dorset’s Greengrocers, Butchers, Fishmongers and Bakeries
- Dorset’s Milk Vending Machines
- Dorset’s Micro Food Producers
- Dorset’s Restaurants, Cafes & Bars
- Dorset’s Artisan & Farmer’s Markets
If you know of any independent shops that should be listed here, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to the list.
- Jurassic Coast Farm Shop – Dorchester, West Dorset
- Ducks Farm Shop in Portesham, West Dorset.
- Washingpool Farm Shop – Bridport, West Dorset
- Maiden Newton – Dorchester, West Dorset
- Cattistock Farm Shops – Dorchester, West Dorset
- Kate’s Farm Shop – Dorchester, West Dorset
- John Bright Country Stores – Salway Ash, West Dorset
- Craig’s Farm Dairy – Weymouth, West Dorset
- Modbury Farm Shop – Bridport, West Dorset
- Felicity’s Farm Shop – Bridport, West Dorset
- Bride Valley Farm Shop – Abbostbury, West Dorset
- Tamarisk Farm Shop – West Bexington, West Dorset
- Home Farm Shop – Blandford, Central Dorset
- Rawston Farm Shop – Blandford, Central Dorset
- The White Horse Inn Village Shop in Stourpaine (near Blandford), Central Dorset
- Steepton Bill Farm shop – Milton Abbas, Central Dorset
- Goldhill Organic Farm Shop – Blandford, Central Dorset
- Dike & Sons – Stallbridge, North Dorset
- Holebrooks Fine Foods – Sturminster Newton, North Dorset
- Hawtree & Sons Riverside Garage – East Stour, North Dorset.
- Udder Farm Shop in East Stour, North Dorset
- Sopley Farm Shop – Christchurch, East Dorset
- Roebridge Farm Shops – multiple locations in East Dorset
- Candy’s Farm Shop – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Gullivers Farm Shop – Ferndown, East Dorset
- Farehouse Trading Co – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Aunt Fanny’s Farm Shop – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Crow Farm Shop – Ringwood, East Dorset
- Pamphill Dairy Farm Shop – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Flufetts Home Farm Shop – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Norden Farm Shop – Wareham, Purbecks
- Vine Close Farm Shop – Sturminster Marshall, Purbecks
- The Salt Pig – Wareham and Swanage, Purbecks
- Holme Farm Shop – Wareham, Purbecks
- The Salt Pig – Wareham and Swanage, Purbecks
- The Pear Tree Deli – Sherbourne, North Dorset
- Ingredients – Sherborne, North Dorset (opening soon)
- The Shaftesbury Deli – Shaftesbury, North Dorset
- Parlourmentary – Southbourne, East Dorset
- The East Street Deli – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Deli Rocks – Southbourne, East Dorset
- Deli on the Quay – Poole, East Dorset
- The Purbeck Deli – Swanage, Purbecks
- Hidden Deli – Wareham, Purbecks
- Top End Deli – Dorchester, West Dorset
- The Fridge – Dorchester, West Dorset
- Frampton’s of Bridport – Bridport, West Dorset
- Mercato Italiano – Bridport, West Dorset
- The Monmouth Pantry – Lyme Regis, West Dorset
- Oxford Bakery – Canford Cliffs, East Dorset
Online Local Grocery Shops for home delivery.
- Dorset 2 Door – East Dorset
- The Milk Cart – East Dorset
- Loaf & Larder – Dorset wide
- Roberts Food Service – Dorset wide
- Dorset Hampers – Dorset wide
- Cherry Picked Hampers– Dorset wide
Independent Village Stores
- Chettle Village Store – Blandford, Central Dorset
- Corfe Castle Village Store – Corfe, Central Dorset
- Broadwindsor Community Store – Broadwindsor, Central Dorset
- Broadwey Village Store – Weymouth, West Dorset
- Winfrith Village Store – Dorchester, West Dorset
- Martinstown Village Store – Martinstown, West Dorset
- Feed the Soul – Godmanstone, West Dorset
- Ammonite fine foods – Lyme Regis, West Dorset
- Bradford Abbas Village Store – Bradford Abbas, North Dorset
- Bishops Caundle Village Store – Sherborne, North Dorset
- Charlton Horethorne Village Store – Sherborne, North Dorset
- Semley Village Stores – Shaftesbury, North Dorset
- Studland Stores – Swanage, Purbecks
Zero Waste Shops
- Cariad Wholefoods – Blandford, Central Dorset
- Our Planet Zero Waste – Mobile shop visiting Central and East Dorset locations.
- Almond & Co – Westbourne, East Dorset
- Food on the Loose – Pokesdown, East Dorset
- Two Rivers Refill – Christchurch, East Dorset
- Sunrise Organics – Bournemouth, East Dorset
- Spill the Beans – Wimborne, East Dorset
- Gardner’s Zero Waste – Mobile shop visiting East Dorset locations.
- Bare Necessities – Wareham, Purbecks
- Waste Not Want Not – Bridport, West Dorset
- South West Coast Refills – Weymouth, West Dorset
- Coconut & Cotton – Shaftesbury, North Dorset