Diverse Abilities, a charity that helps children and adults who have profound physical and learning disabilities, have rustled up a delicious recipe book stuffed full of sweet bakes all donated by people associated with their charity. Entitled ‘Scrumptious Home Baking’, the recipe book costs £9.95 and is available from their website – https://diverseabilities.org.uk/cookbook
Diverse Abilities say “When you think of the word scrumptious you think of rich chocolate cakes, sweet fruit desserts, and decadent puddings. Well, we’ve got something for everyone and have roped in a few local chefs to share some of their taste-tastic recipes, which come with easy to follow instructions allowing you to have a simple, stress-free bake every time.”
Not only will you have a book full of tasty recipes to make at home, Diverse Abilities will also get some much needed funds in this season where fundraising can be really hard for charities.
Diverse Abilities have also supplied us with this simple and tasty cookie recipe!
Diverse Abilities' Cookie Recipe
- 110g butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 225g plain flour
- 150g chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180c/gas 4 and line a tray with baking parchment.
- Step 2 Beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.
- Step 3 Break an egg into a separate bowl and add to it the baking powder and vanilla. Beat this mixture until smooth.
- Step 4 Add this mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Step 5 Stir in the flour until it’s fully incorporated.
- Step 6 Add the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Step 7 Put teaspoons of the mixture onto a the baking tray (leaving room between each one for spreading).
- Step 8 Bake for 15 minutes until golden for a soft chewy cookie (or 20 minutes for a crispier cookie).
- Step 9 Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then place on a wire rack.